Sunday, April 22, 2007

Make believe...?

I'm not sure my class really 'get it' when I've tried role play with them. One of the other teachers reported back to me a comment that one of the boys in my class made. She'd asked him what they were doing that afternoon. He'd replied, "We made passports. We're going on a trip round the world. Well, Miss K thinks we are, anyway."

In the autumn term, I tried using email. I created an account under the name of Professor Bubble. We were studying gases in science, and I sent the class an email from him saying that he didn't think gases existed. The idea was that we would do the experiments I'd planned and then email him, proving him wrong. But my class saw through it immediately, insisting that the email was from me.

This doesn't put me off though, despite knowing that my class think I'm slightly mad. They're quite willing to humour me, but they make it fairly obvious that's what they're doing and that they don't belive me for a moment!

No comments: