Friday, April 27, 2007

Geography - our trip round the world

To link with our topic on weather this term, I've given each child a passport / travel journal booklet to collect information about different countries. Initially, I'm going to model how I want these to be filled in and I will choose the countries we visit on our virtual tour of the world. Later on, the children will be choosing their own countries and independently researching those.

I've started a class blog to record our comments and links to useful websites. I've written the first posts, but future posts will hopefully be written by the children (and approved by me before being published!).

I've also been using images of the current country as the background for my desktop on the IWB. The easiest way I've found is to search Google images and select medium or large pictures. When you find the picture you want, right-click and choose 'Set as Background'. You could also use your own digital photos. This has started a few interesting discussions and enabled the class to see photos of a wide range of locations.

No comments: